Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Have Some Big News!!!!!

     If any of you guys follow me on Twitter or Facebook you'll know that I have been teasing everyone about a big announcement. First of all, no, I am not getting signed to a record label. As amazingly awesome as that would be, the news is not quite as life changing. Although, it's just as big and exciting in my opinion. I'm sure you are thinking "Get on with it!" ....
     I'm going to be going to L.A. for the first time ever in about two weeks! Now before you get too disappointed on the news, there is something in it for you. I'm going to be working on two new songs produced by the one and only, Brad Smith! If you're not familiar with the name then I'll give you a hint. That wonderfully catchy song called "No Rain" that you hear on the radio sometimes? Yep, Brad wrote it. He is a founding member of Blind Melon. All you Melon Heads that are reading this know how awesome he is.
     Several years ago I worked with Brad on a couple of songs ("Run" and "Missing You") for my first EP. He flew out here to the east coast and stayed at my house while we recorded the vocals. I loved working with him so much that I've been dying to do it again. So, I sent him some of the songs I've written that had been accumulating over the past few months and told him if he had the time I would really like to work with him on some new stuff. If you don't know, Brad has been super busy with Blind Melon shows and recording the new album for his band Abandon Jalopy. When he came back and said that he was all for working on some new songs I was so happy. He even invited me to stay with him and his family.


     So, in two weeks I'm gonna be on a plane.... by myself.... flying to the west coast for the first time ever! Yep, you heard correctly! I shall be traveling solo. Words can't express how excited/anxious/nervous I am. I've never done anything like this before but I'm ready for the adventure. I'm also going to get to meet the musicians who are playing on my songs and be there while we track everything. I'm such a studio nerd so I can't wait to see the process of it all.
     For the next few weeks be prepared to see a bunch of stuff about this trip. I have a feeling the next few blog posts are going to be nothing but it. Don't worry, I will most definitely make a video diary or two of my experience navigating the airports and staying with Brad.



    There you have it! Sorry there aren't any fancy pictures, seeing as I haven't gone anywhere yet. As a prize for reading this long blog post I will leave you with a lovely looking Woodstock dreaming about music...



xxC


"Like" my facebook page to stay updated- Carson Hill Page
Website- www.carsonhillmusic.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited too! I can't wait to hear the finished products. I love you! (Aunt Sherry)

    ReplyDelete